Ashley Applewhite MANAGING ATTORNEY
Ashley Applewhite formed Applewhite Firm PLLC in 2022, focusing her practice on personal injury litigation on behalf of those injured or killed due to another’s negligence. Ashley has worked in the legal industry since 2004, working at several top law firms where she represented clients in cases involving personal injury defense, commercial litigation, insurance coverage, and immigration. She has spent years giving clients strategic advice that drives the direction of their legal matters, from wrangling insurance adjusters for some of the largest insurers in the country to working with individuals suffering from catastrophic injuries.
She is an experienced litigator, with over 15 years of experience in courtrooms across the state and around the country, handling a wide array of litigation matters, including insurance coverage disputes, construction defect issues, products and premises liability claims, personal injury automobile and pedestrian accidents, and Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims. She has represented nationally-known rideshare companies and insurance carriers of all types in various state and federal jurisdictions. Ashley has attended well over 500 mediations, managing hundreds of active lawsuits at a time in both state and federal court. With her extensive experience, Ashley provides valuable and cost-efficient resolution strategies for all of her clients.
Since forming her own firm and serving as Managing Attorney, Ashley has enjoyed focusing on individual clients and using her knowledge and experience gained as an insurance attorney for their benefit. Having counseled and represented huge carriers, she can advise plaintiffs about what their insurer is doing and why in a way many other trial lawyers cannot. Having successfully resolved cases on both sides of the docket has given Ashley a well-rounded perspective and in-depth knowledge of how a personal injury case works from the date of the incident through case resolution.
Ashley graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies with minors in Journalism and History in 2004. She worked her way through law school as a business immigration paralegal for an internationally known law firm. She obtained her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston in 2007. During law school, she was a member of the Administrative Law Moot Court Team.
Ashley is a member of the Travis County Women Lawyers Association, Austin Bar Association, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and the State Bar of Texas. She also volunteers her time with the Valley View Elementary School Booster Club and Lake Hill Park Community Association.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Local Counsel
- Independent Counsel
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Juris Doctorate, 2007
- Administrative Law Moot Court Team Member
- Spurgeon G. Bell Moot Court Competition, Third Place Oralist and Fifth Place Brief
- Texas A&M University, Bachelor of Arts in International Studies with minors in Journalism and History, 2004
- Texas, 2007
- California, 2012 (currently inactive)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Mediation Certification, University of Texas Law School, 2023
- State Bar of Texas
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Valley View Elementary School Booster Club, President-Elect
- Lake Hill Park Community Association, Board Member of Board of Directors